Find a Yacht
Why Book With Us?
Simple, straightforward process
Outstanding customer service
Friendly UK-based team
Pre-order food, kit or WiFi onboard
Join Our Mailing List
Italy Yacht and Catamaran Charter
We'll help you find the right Yacht Charter in Italy! We have yachts and catamarans ready to sail from 4 bases across Italy!
Charter a Yacht or Catamaran
Charter bareboat or skippered yachts or catamarans from our Charter Partners (who we have met, know and trust!) Plus we're UK based, so if you have any questions just give us a call or catch us on LiveChat!
Sailing around Italy
Sailing in Italy is an idyllic way to spend the summer – there’s splendid views, glorious sunshine, reliable winds, and plenty to explore – including volcanoes, beaches and ancient harbours. Of course, there’s also outstanding food and wine when you’re on land, which makes any holiday doubly spell-binding.
Italy is the third most popular cruising ground in Europe for charter yachts, and whilst it has fewer islands than Greece and Croatia, it more than makes up for it with the phenomenal beauty of the coast itself – over 2 million people visit Sorrento and the Amalfi coast near Salerno each year, but it is even more special and incredible when viewed from your own yacht!
There’s still plenty of island groups to explore though, and each of our bases has its charms:
- from Follonica, in Tuscany, all the islands of the Tuscan archipelago form one of the biggest National Parks in the world. The islands include Elba, the last remaining part of a tract of land which used to connect Corsica to the Italian mainland millennia ago. It’s possible to sail across to Corsica and Sardinia
- from Salerno, there’s the Amalfi coast, and you can head to the famous Capri to see the exquisite Marina Grande or Marina Piccolo from close quarters or to pick up some Dolce and Gabbana designer goods, as well as six other islands near the gulf of Naples, as well as Napoli itself
- from Portorosa in Sicily, you can head north to explore the nine Aeolian islands, complete with the live volcanoes of Vulcano and Stromboli
- from Marsala, in West-Sicily, there are the five mountainous and ancient Egadi islands a few nautical miles to the west – largely unspoilt, and well off the beaten track
- from Portisco, you can visit the island of La Maddalena, where Lord Horatio Nelson stationed his troops in the Napoleonic wars, hop over to French Corsica, or visit one of the other five or six islands off the coast of Sardinia.
Sailing conditions and how it all works are similar to Greece and Croatia, so isn’t it time you explored somewhere new? We can certainly recommend Italy as the place for your next sailing holiday, and we’re proud to add them as options for our 2019 season!
Book a Yacht / Catamaran Charter
Use our search function (on the left-hand side of this page) to find your charter yachts or catamarans available in Italy, and filter the results to find your ideal boat. We have LIVE, real-time availability on all of our yachts and catamarans, and you can book one in a matter of clicks and with an industry-leading 30% deposit.
If you have any questions, give our award-winning UK-based team a call on our freephone number or catch them on the LiveChat – they’ll be able to answer your questions and to recommend a yacht or catamaran for you!
Plan your Italian Sailing Trip
Use our handy Sailing Calculator to plan your trip from Italy...